My approach is integrative, working collaboratively to tailor the sessions to the best practice and what suits the client. Creative techniques can be helpful where it is difficult to find the words for example.
My qualifications include:
- Degree in Humanistic Counselling (Person centred, Gestalt and Existential counselling) Greenwich University
- Post graduate training in mental health work with young people and families (Psychodynamic, Systemic, Neuroscience and Child development) Tavistock and Portman clinic
- Certificate in working with CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Certificate in working in Solution Focussed Therapy
- Certificate in working systemically and foundation year for Family Therapy
- Regular training in working creatively, with abuse, diversity, grief and trauma among other areas.
- Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) which means I work according to professional and ethical industry standards. Referrals come through the BUPA register and Employee Assistance Programmes as well as via other professionals and past clients. My private practice is combined with working at a University and Secondary school.
Areas of Specialism
I have a special interest in working with how family relationships impact other areas of our lives such as anxiety, work stress, and confidence issues. I would work with you to examine whether past relationship difficulties or beliefs stemming from childhood are continuing to affect how we live in the present or worry about the future.
Trauma and loss
My work experience includes considerable experience in working with families and individuals who have experienced traumatic bereavement in specialist bereavement agencies such as Cruse and Jigsaw Southeast. Working together one to one, using gentle creative therapeutic techniques can help you find a space to work through grief and depression and find ways to manage anxiety and panic attacks, so that the pain is more tolerable and less lonely.
Work stress and Diversity
I have previously worked in marketing and travelled and lived abroad, so am aware of the stresses and strains of such a lifestyle, and what it can mean to be estranged from your own country and culture. I speak German and French, and enjoy working with clients from a diverse range of countries and cultures.
I have full insurance and a current enhanced DBS certificate, (where the government has checked I am able to work safely with children, adolescents and vulnerable adults).
Please contact me on 07937 796165 for a free telephone consultation if you would like to talk through whether I can help you. It is important to find someone you feel comfortable with. If your need is more specialised, I may be able to refer you to someone more suitable.